Wednesday 3 November 2021

Originally broadcast on CHED radio - Date unknown

A man by the name of William Burke wrote these lines. 


"I was angry with my friend, 

I told my wrath, my wrath did end. 

I was angry with my foe. 

I hid my wrath, my wrath did grow”. 


You know there is a very powerful philosophy in those four lines. They can help you through difficulties in any personal relationship. How often has someone close to you, perhaps your husband or wife, let you down? How many times have you felt that a friend has betrayed you? Brooding over these hurts, whether they are real or imaginary, harbouring suspicions and grudges can corrode your outlook and take all the joy out of living. By simply telling the person involved how deeply you feel you dissipate all that poison inside you. If the person is your foe the simple act of "telling" your anger will act as a miraculous immunity to future venom. If the person is your friend, the antidote strengthens the bonds of friendship by wider-vision and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment