Monday 15 March 2021

Originally broadcast on CHED radio - Date unknown

I suppose most of us have times in our lives when we give in to the burden of worry. Life can be difficult, and to be sure there are many things about which we should all be concerned. However if you are like me you fret over what has passed and you worry over what may happen in the future. Foolish, isn't it? All the worry in the world cannot bring back one dead yesterday. It's over and done with. As for tomorrow, where is our stake in it? The sun may come up clear and bright, or it may be haze over with cloud but one thing is for sure, it WILL come up. Until it does we have no claim upon the day it ushers in. That leaves us with only today. SURELY we can work things out for that small period of time. I know what you are saying, "It's easier said than done." This I know for I have lost the battle to useless worry more times than I care to remember. I have found a slogan of Dale Carnegie's very helpful however, and I'd like to pass it onto you. As you mouth this little phrase think about it. Consider the wisdom of it and see if tomorrow you can't beat the worry habit. When you feel you can no longer cope just say to yourself “THERE NEVER HAS BEEN A DAY I COULDN’T GET THROUGH.” Try it. Don't expect miracles, but do give it an opportunity to help you. Remember that today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. You'll get through this day because “THERE NEVER HAS BEEN A DAY I COULDN’T GET THROUGH.”

No comments:

Post a Comment