Sunday 24 January 2021

Originally broadcast on CHED radio - Date unknown

I used to love to go to parties

But I don't anymore.

I used to like to buy new clothes

Now I don't; like before

I used to think my life complete

If a noted person spoke to me on the street

And at three in the morning

I was still on my feet.

I'm not anymore.


Now, I like the fireside spot

And where the Getty is

I am not. 

New clothes…what’s wrong with the ones I've got.

It's not like before.

In the world of society, include me out.

I couldn't care less what it's all about

In this year's “Who’s Who” I place a little store. 

Not anymore.


My wife says, "father you are slowing up."

Well, maybe so,,, I'm sure no pup.

But my idle hours are much too few

To spend on something I don't want to do.

For the gay, gay life, I have no heart.

Am I getting old?

Or getting smart?



No comments:

Post a Comment