Saturday 23 January 2021

Originally broadcast on CHED radio - July 23, 1964

I ran across these 10 Commandments which are posted in a Chinese bank in South Malaya. These 10 rules are posted in the bank for all employees to see. Perhaps they would be of use in your place of business;


1) Don’t lie. It wastes my time and yours. I'm sure to catch you in the end.


2) Watch your work and not the clock. A long days work makes a long day short, and a short days work makes my face long.


3) Give me more than I expect and I'll pay you more than you expect. I can afford to increase your pay if you can increase my profits.


4) Keep out of debt. You owe so much to yourself that you cannot afford to owe anyone else.


5) Dishonesty is never an accident.


6) Mind your own business and in time you'll have a business of your own to mind.


7) Don't do anything here that hurts your self respect. The employee who is willing to steal for me is capable of stealing from me.


8) It is none of my business what you do at night, but if dissipation affects what you do the next day, you will last half as long as you hoped.


9) Don't tell me what I'd like to hear, but what I ought to hear.  I don't want a valet for my vanity, but I need one for my money.


10) don't kick if I kick. If you're worth correcting, you're worth keeping.


If you have a son or daughter starting a new job, get them the 10 Commandments. They will serve them well.


No comments:

Post a Comment