Thursday 28 January 2021

Originally broadcast on CHED radio - date unknown

 I have never seriously considered either the curses or the blessings of the nudist way of life. I can't really say I have strong feelings one way or the other about sitting around in the buff with congenial company discussing whatever it is that nudists discuss when they get together.  If I have any leanings, I think perhaps they are toward the Puritan but I am not sure if these feelings stem from my Baptist background or the stark realization that by and large the human form is somewhat more appealing when covered with at least something. However, I am not without sympathy toward our nudist friends and one in particular. That "one" is the lady or gentleman, and you'll notice I can see that one can be a lady or gentleman, in their birthday suit, who is in charge of the membership drive for the Edmonton Chapter A.S.A. Sunbathing Society. Can you imagine what an unsuccessful summer it has been for this poor soul. Since there are no professional nudists; and perhaps we could argue that point too; I assume that those who might be interested in the naturalist movement are just people like you and me. (Perhaps even that remains to be seen)  what I am driving at here is that nudists must somehow make a living and that usually means a 9-to-5 job Monday through Friday leaving only the weekends for some worship and yet every weekend, the sky opens up and the rains come down. In a way I have to admire the nudist, for like the rest of us, they are eternally hopeful for every weekend this ad appears in the Journal. "Sunbathing Society. Your local A.S.A. Charter club Helios Edmonton now excepting memberships. Families interested make contact P. O. Box 222 Edmonton.”  You know I have almost been tempted to answer the ad just to see if on weekends like this past one, the nudist all get together in some secluded rendezvous, Doff their oil skins, and bask together in the heat of the sun lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment