Thursday 18 February 2021

Originally broadcast on CHED radio - Date unknown

Writing these short inspirational items is very gratifying work. As each is written, it is my sincere hope it will do some good to someone somewhere. I suppose it is good for a man's ego to hear his words read on the radio and to see them in print and yet you know I never permit myself to believe that what I commit to print is more important than the "imprint" I myself make as a person.  I fully realize that my own actions can quickly put the lie to anything I may write if I do not attempt to live according to the things I say. Most of us are not lucky enough to have our thoughts excepted by newspapers and radio stations, but nevertheless each of us can leave our "imprint" on those with whom we come in contact each day. Each person by his kindness, his understanding, his selflessness can make this a much better place in which to live. Today, at home and work, as you meet both friends and strangers, try to live by the wonderful old Golden Rule. Try to leave a favorable "imprint". Try to make this a better world for your having lived here.

No comments:

Post a Comment