Friday 12 February 2021

Originally broadcast on CHED radio - Date unknown

I am one of those un-mechanical, un-scientific types. Although I have worked in radio for 15 years I still marvel over the fact you can get a station which is located a few thousand miles away. This no doubt is the reason for a flaw in my personality. I simply delight in seeing science get completely fouled up. A friend of mine bought one of those buttons for his dashboard that when pressed open his garage door several blocks away. This in itself was so spooky that I refused to ride in his car. It seems however that something is seriously wrong with his magic button because every time he presses the thing to open his doors, it throws commercial airliners in the area completely off the radio beam. Night after night these gigantic sky-liners while trying to land in the city would be directed to an airport 500 miles away at the press of my  friend’s button. It's all a matter of frequency, whatever that may be. At any rate, my buddy is once again opening his doors just like any other human being and I for one am glad. This magic button I just couldn't understand; at least not until I figure out what makes the bread pop up in my electric toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment